Early Access Library Program
HDSB Early Access Library Program
Welcome to Your School Library
“Learning to read and write is essential to enable a child to succeed in school and in later life…...In the earliest stages of literacy development, children mimic the reading process. They begin to understand what reading is and how it works.” (The Full-Day Early Learning - Kindergarten Program, Draft Version, p. 18)
To promote language development in our youngest learners we are introducing…... Early Access to Your School’s Library. Parents and children are invited to visit the library before your child begins school full time in the fall. Our goals are to:
- Develop a love of reading for learning and pleasure
- Begin to appreciate and value the role of the library
- Familiarize your child with the school they will attend in September
Process for Using the Library
- Register your child at your local school and your child’s name will be added as a library user.
- Beginning March 1, 2018 you and your child are welcome to borrow books from your school library.
- As part of our safe school plan, parent and child must sign in at the office and wear a visitors badge.
- Parent and child may use the library during designated school library hours.
- You may borrow two books at a time for up to three weeks.
Hours of Operation for the Library at Boyne Public School
Wednesday 8:55 am - 9:55 am