Student Registration

If you are not sure if BOYNE PUBLIC SCHOOL is the school your student should attend, you can enter your address into the Halton District School Board School Locator from the HDSB website, or click this link.

To Register a new student:

  1. Notify your current school that you are leaving (if applicable).

  2. Fill out a Student Registration Form. You can download a copy here.

  3. If coming into Kindergarten please visit this site. Click here.

    • You will need to provide ALL of the following information before you can register your child for school: (only original documents will be accepted.)

  4. Proof of child's age - original birth certificate or passport

  5. Two (2) Proofs of address - copy of offer to purchase or lease agreement or copy of your most current property tax bill

  6. Proof of custody - if you are not the child’s parent and the child is under 18, or if the child is living with only one parent -- you must provide proof of custody

  7. Proof of child’s citizenship - Birth Certificate, Passport, or Permanent Resident card.

  8. Any copies of current school records, or reports that may assist the school in program/placement of your child.

If you have any questions regarding immunization, please call the Halton Regional Health Department at (905) 825-6060 ext. 7855:


Student personal information is collected during registration and while attending school pursuant to the Education Act. This information will be used for planning and programming, school to home communications, and to establish the Ontario Student Record, which contains information conducive to the improvement of instruction. Questions about the information collected during registration and while attending school should be directed to the Halton District School Board office or your local Superintendent of Education.

What is the HDSB Welcome Centre?

​​The Welcome​ Centre supports New/Returning families to the Halton Region and offers services, including: registration, assessment and settlement support. Fee-paying paying students and their families are supported through the Inter​national Students Program.​​​​​

Visit the HDSB Welcome Centre

Who Registers​​ at​ the Welcome Centre?

St​udents ​​from Grade 1 to age 21 and are new to HDSB, register through the Welcome Centre if they are entering:

  • Ontario school system for the first time, and whose first language is not English (or is a variety of English)*

  • On an International Student Visa or Visitor Visa

  • With a Work Permit, Study Permit, or Permanent Residence application in process

  • ​From a French language school in a French language school board (if first language is not English)

  • ​​Onta​rio after an absence of a year or more (if first language is not English)​​

NOTE: Kindergarten stu​dents where:

  • The parent has a Work Permit AND is registering their first child in the family with HDSB,

  • The parent/child has a Study Permit/Visa, or

  • The parent is a Permanent Resident applicant on visitor status

​should register via the Welcome Centre. ​Still unsure of where you should begin your registration process?

​Please use this tool to help determine if you should register at your home school or at the HDSB Welcome Centre.: Where​ Do I Register My Child?​